Happy employees make for a more productive workplace, but the daily commute can sometimes put a damper on the day. Commuter programs assist employees with carpooling, vanpooling, biking, walking, taking transit, and teleworking (or working from home) and provide cost-saving benefits to both employers and employees.
Commuter Program Resources
- iCommute Employer Services Program: The iCommute team offers the Employer Services Programs to help employers develop and implement a commuter assistance program that provide employees with commute choices that save money, time, and reduce stress. Commuter benefits are considered a tax-free benefit so both employers and employees save. If you are a business owner or manager, or even an employee who thinks your company could use a hand, iCommute would love to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Try Transit: The Try Transit program provides eligible employees with a 30-Day pass to try one of the many transit choices – bus, train, or Trolley – in the San Diego region. Employers located within 1/2 mile of a transit stop may be eligible to participate.
- ECO Pass: This MTS program allows employers to buy discounted passes in bulk for those located in the MTS service area.
- Vanpools: iCommute registered vanpools are eligible for a subsidy of up to $400 per month.
- Carsharing for Businesses: Employers can create a corporate account with existing carshare services, to provide employees with convenient and affordable access to a vehicle when they need it. Services currently available in San Diego are through Zipcar.
- On-Demand Ride Service for Businesses: Employers can create a corporate account with on-demand ride service providers, such as Uber, Lyft, and Waze Carpool. Quickly connect your employees who travel for work with convenient and reliable rides.
- Fact Sheet: Read about the Shift program and its features that can help inform your commute.
- Video: Watch and play this video to learn about the Shift Program
- Banner: View a banner that can be provided for onsite display at your location. Contact the Shift team at info@ShiftSanDiego.com to request a banner.
- Poster: Download an 11x17 sized Shift poster and post in areas of high employee, customer or guest traffic.
- Shift - I-5/Genesee Ave Interchange Project Info Sheet: Provide your employees with comprehensive information about the most recent Golden Triangle construction project to break ground.
- Outreach Event: Contact the Shift team at info@ShiftSanDiego.com to arrange a presentation at your next meeting or a tabling event to discuss ongoing construction projects and transportation solutions.